Erdem Ozturk received the BSc. degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2003 from Middle East Technical University and MSc. degree in Mechatronics Engineering in 2005 from Sabanci University. He got the PhD. degree from the same department in 2010. In the PhD thesis, he focused on modelling of mechanics and dynamics of multi-axis machining operations, namely, 5-axis ball-end milling, parallel turning and parallel milling processes.
He is the Managing Director and Co-founder of Productive Machines.Since September 2010, he has been with the AMRC (Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre) with Boeing. He is the Senior Technical Fellow leading the Digital Machining theme and teaches machining at the AMRC. He has served as a visiting faculty at the Global Production Engineering and Management MSc. programme at the Vietnamese German University in Ho Chi Minh. He is an Associate member of CIRP (The International Academy For Production Engineering).
- Managing Director and Co-founder, Productive Machines, (Jan2021- Present)
- Senior Technical Fellow, Digital Machining, AMRC with Boeing, University of Sheffield, (May 2019-Present)
- Senior Technical Fellow, Machining Dynamics, AMRC with Boeing, University of Sheffield, (Jan 2017-May 2019)
- Visiting faculty, Global Production Engineering and Management Programme, Vietnamese-German University (July 2014-Present)
- Technical Fellow, Machining Dynamics, AMRC with Boeing, University of Sheffield, (January 2013-December 2017)
- Technical Lead, Machining Dynamics, AMRC with Boeing, University of Sheffield, (September 2010 – December 2012)
- Research Assistant, Sabanci University (September 2005 – August 2010)
- Teaching Assistant, Sabanci University (September 2003 – June 2010)
- Project trainee, Bosch San. Tic. A.S (July 2002 – September 2002)
- Summer Intern, Arcelik A.S Washing Machine Factory (June 2001 – July 2001)